Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Team in Training

I'm participating in Team in Training, which is run by the Leukemia & Lymphoma society. TnT provides coaching, mentoring, and general training help in exchange for fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. So not only am I going to do a tri, I'm going to raise $3000. Want to sponsor me?

Last weekend I bought a friend's road bike. Then she took me to her bike store to spend way too much money on shoes, a helmet, and shorts. The guys there were extremely friendly, and really helpful in fitting the bike and helping me find the right equipment. (There's a lot to choose from, it can be pretty intimidating!)

Wednesday night was the Fall season Team In Training kickoff meeting. I met a few of my teammates, including our honored teammate Amanda. More about her in a future entry, I promise. Tomorrow morning is the first training. We meet at 7:45am in Central Park, for a half-hour "out-and-back" easy run. I need to wake up early for that, so I'm off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home