Saturday, June 05, 2004

Cycling

This morning I biked more than I have in years - 17 miles! It felt great. It was a timed practice. We met in Central Park at 8am, and were told to cycle for 1:15. I made it twice around the full park loop (6.02 miles) and once cutting across at 102nd St. (about 5 miles, without all those big hills at the top of the park!). It was great. I rode more or less with Kari, a girl in my mentor group. I love clipless pedals! It's amazing how much more power you can get from your legs when you have full range of motion - i.e., the upward, forward, and backward pulls actually help, not just downward motion. I also love hills, I think they're going to be a strength for me once I've built up my quads.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Chad R West said...

Too funny, Nicole is also signed up with Team in Training to do a triathlon. Don't they provide you with a site where we can donate in your name?

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Gillian said...

If ONLY there was an online donation form. Unfortunately the NYC chapter doesn't have one yet! They have been very apologetic about it. I looked into using PayPal, but their fees make it not really worthwhile.

So, you'll have to use snail mail for now. I'd love to sponsor Nicole - send me donor info!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home