Thursday, June 17, 2004

One Month In

Hi! I know, sporadic updates. But I'm back!

Tuesday night was my first GTS after the Canada hiatus. Lucky me, we did hill training! Whee! We were instructed to jog from Bethesda Terrace down to the start of the Bridle Path near Tavern on the Green, then continue on the Bridle Path to the 3rd underpass. That underpass is the bottom of a hill. We then had to run to the top of the hill and continue to the SW corner of the resevoir, turn around, and run back to the underpass. Lather, rinse, repeat - 3 times. After the 4th uphill, we continued around the resevoir (1.6 miles), then back to the starting line. Total: 4.4 miles.

It was tough, but we did it! Kari & I ran together, and kept each other company at a pretty steady 11 minute mile pace. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, it's much easier to run with someone than alone. After the run we had about a 45 minute core session.

Last night, I missed ANOTHER swim practice for a work thing. I later dreamed that I was in the pool, and Coach Ross was watching my lane, and laughing at me. I clearly need to spend more time in the pool!

Tonight's agenda was my first BRick (Bike/Run). I followed the training schedule faithfully, despite a massive downpour/thunderstorm. I biked 2x around Prospect Park (30 minutes), then ran just under a mile (10 minutes). The coaches were right: It's a lot harder to run when you get off your bike!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home