Thursday, July 29, 2004

Awesome Swim

Last night's swim practice almost didn't happen.

Not because of the weather, or illness, or subway mishaps, or anything like that.

Because I forgot my swim suit.

I had my pull buoy, my swim cap, googles, towel... but no suit. And guess what? Kari had an extra one!

I was about to leave, and said to her, "Well, this sucks, I can't believe I forgot my suit!"

To which she replied, "I have an extra one!"

I thought she was shitting me, because really, who has an extra suit? Turned out she'd ordered a new one (this one, to be exact) and it arrived yesterday. Crazy. I decided I liked it and would just order her another one.

The practice was all drills, with a partner pull at the end. It was great. My breathing was relaxed and happy. I timed my free swim at one point - it took me 2:30 to swim 100m, which translates to 37:30 on race day (1.5k). Which really, wouldn't be so bad.

I'm starting to think more about times, so let's just get it out there.

Current estimates:

Swim: 0:45 (I know, that isn't what I said before, but I also haven't actually swum a mile yet, let alone in open water)

Bike: 1:30 (based on my current 3.88m/M pace in PP - which, yeah, big nasty hill every 3M)

Run: sub-1:00 (I'm going to push. Hard.)

Add 0:10 (or something) for the transitions, and my total race time is around 3:30.

I want to be faster. And I have 2 months to get there... Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home