Sunday, September 12, 2004

NYC Century Bike Tour

This morning I woke up BEFORE the crack of dawn to haul my bike, 2 gels, a Clif bar, and my own fabulous self up to the top of Central Park to partake in the NYC Century Bike Tour.

Over 5000 people participated in this morning's ride. It was a perfect day. Volunteer marshals led the packs from 110th St. down 5th Ave., over to Broadway, and across the Brooklyn Bridge. We rode through Brooklyn Heights and Carroll Gardens into my own stompin' grounds, Prospect Park. There, at the 15M mark, was a rest station with fruit, and bagels with peanut butter. I actually ran into a friend of David's there who was also doing the ride!


Action shot!

For the 55M route, we continued into Brooklyn, through many different neighborhoods, and around the greenway (which led through Coney Island!). There was another rest stop at Canarsie Pier. Kari & I both changed flats on the route - luckily we are now practically experts! At mile 42 we were back in Park Slope, and I opted to head home instead of continuing through Astoria and back to the Upper West Side.


Kari & I in Coney Island


Fixin' a flat

It was a perfect day, and a great, relaxed ride after yesterday's challenging training session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home