Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Yosh

My good friend Vicki sent me this email today, about her friend Yosh, who lives in Tokyo. It's relevant to what I'm doing here. Please think of Yosh in whatever kind of prayers you say. And please consider registering to be a bone marrow donor. (One of the blood cancer survivors who spoke at our breakfast on Saturday received his bone marrow transfusion from a German donor. These things really do work.)

I am emailing you all because either you know Yosh, or you at least know of him. And many of you know he was diagonsed with Leukemia this winter and has been treating it with mild chemotherapy.

Well, he just emailed to say the leukemia has relapsed. The only way he can survive is to have a bone marrow transplant. His doctor is trying to find a donor for him through the bone marrow bank. In the meantime I he has to start a stronger chemotherapy.

If you could just think of him when you say your prayers, and keep him in your thoughts and wish him peace and healing. I don't know much about this all,
but bone marrow sounds pretty serious. Much more serious than it seemed in December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home